We care about the future of our environment
Water, air and soil. The elements whose quality affects the life of every human and the society as a whole. In VIPO a.s. we are not disregardful of the conditions we leave them in for the future generations. Our R&D team members successfully apply all of their knowledge and experience so that their results can be implemented in real world decreasing environmental pollution and increasing the quality of manufacturing processes.
We applied our effort to research and development of dispersions, colloids, hydrolysates and hydrogels for the pharmaceutical industry and medical cosmetics (industrial utility model #7244 – Polymeric dispersions based on animal proteins and lipids).
By researching the modification of characteristics of polymeric composites by bio-synthetic polymers, we contributed to ecologisation of the rubber and plastics industry (industrial utility model #5998 – Polymeric composites based on collagen).
The negative effect of chromic waste materials of the leather industry also affected (amongst others) the dumping site BABICA near Bošany. The main challenge we faced to was the chemical stabilization of Cr3+ (Patent #288363).
Since 2018 we have worked on following projects in cooperation with our partners:
- APVV-14-0506 – Lowering of formaldehyde emission from wood based panels by environmental progressive modification of polycondensation adhesives with biopolymers from leather waste, natural nanofillers, additives and activators;
- APVV-15-0124 – Isoconversional methods – theory and applications;
- APVV-16-0177 – Progressive modifications of the wood surface, film-forming materials and their interactions at the phase interface.
We currently work on following projects:
- APVV-20-0159 – The Research into Surface Properties of Wood and Wood-based Materials Modified with CO2 Laser Radiation and Low-temperature Plasma.
- APVV-19-0269 – Research of the environmentally stable wood bio-composites preparation by the innovative methods of targeted modification of polycondensation adhesives with natural polymers and additives.
- APVV-18-0378 – Research of innovative processes of formaldehyde crosslinking in wood based panels by environmentally progressive modification of aminoplastics with biopolymers and additives for support of sustainable circular bioeconomy.
- APVV-17-0456 – Thermal modification of wood with saturated water steam for the purpose of a targeted and stable change in the color of wood.
- APVV-16-0177 – Progressive modifications of the wood surface, film-forming materials and their interactions at the phase interface
- Utility model application PUV 2021-39307 – Fixture to reduce formaldehyde emissions from wood industry product